Sunday, February 24, 2013

Without batting an eye!



Thank you for the lovely words on my previous post; it was indeed encouraging to get such a feedback from the bloggers I admire..so glad that you all liked the print-clash as much as I loved wearing it! Seriously work wear needs to be fun, creative and innovative. OUT with the boring pants & blazers and IN with the fun prints and color-blocking! *virtual high-five* 

Coming back to reality, this winter is killing me! It's been bone-chilling cold here all week..all thanks to sub-zero temps coupled with super-strong winds (yeah, superlative degree needs to be used to describe the winds!) But on a serious note, its been really boring weather. I am just-just waiting for summer now..sand beneath my feat, balmy evenings, sun-dresses, fedoras and cute bow flats. Ahem, was I talking about sunny weather or summer-fashion? Well, anything that takes me back to light cotton dresses is welcome, just can't take wearing these heavy coats and boots anymore. 

Enough of cribbing and onward with this post's OOTD ('Outfit Of The Day', for the uninitiated). This outfit was planned for a dinner-date with hubby in the opulent city of Vegas. I picked this 'tie-neck peasant' blouse from Nordstorm Rack and have to say it's one of my fav things in the closet. It's easy-breezy with interesting smocking details at the shoulder and fits perfectly - plus covers all the flaws. I dig the loose neck-tie knot - gives it quite a formal look, doesn't it? This top and my cigarette denims is like a match made in heaven.
No-fuss outfit which I can dress up or dress down depending on the occasion. Black peep-toe pumps, sleek hair and clutch completed the look. I went for multi-color earrings to add a zing but I think metal (gold/rose-gold) accessories will just pair well with this outfit. 

So, ladies..lesson learnt! If you find that flowy top/blouse with the feminine bow, just buy it without batting an eye! (I am kidding, of course you can blink your eyes but don't let that top out of your sight!)
Do tell, that one piece you have bought lately which looks chic and especially helps you create a no-fuss look!

  What I am wearing: Skinny cords (dark teal) - Old Navy (similar); Top - Nordstorm Rack (similar); Black peep-toe heels - Bandolino@DSW (similar); Multi-color earrings - Old Navy; Sling bag - ALDO; Flower ring - some shop in Mumbai; Watch - MK Women's Chronograph (similar)

Mr. & Mrs.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

true !!
its fun to dress up for work :)
i like ur top here

Rhea said...

Cute top and bag. :)
Xx
Rhea
http://fuss.co.in

Rupa said...

I so so agry with you. We should buy a top like this without thinking twice! I already bought two recently :)

Love your top...

jennysbicycle.blogspot.in

Unknown said...

Oh, I have a similar blouse too, though it's a printed one and I love it..! (Yet to be featured on the blog..) lol..

In the Blue said...

I love the top and the color, I don't own anything like that! It would work great with a pencil skirt for like a Mad Men inspired look! Great choice of words :)

Urban Mantra said...

Super cute! Like you said, you can't go wrong with a blousy top and a bow. It should be a wardrobe essential! It looks great on you!

Richa
www.urbanmantra.blogspot.com

Juneli said...

Awww, you look beautiful Ashy!
I love tie collar blouses too!
Can't wait for the summer either!
Love
Juneli from Fashionably Yours

OnePourTree said...

Ashy, you look amazing!!!! Seriously I wouldnt have gone for a top like this earlier... But you have just changed my views... Keep posting!!!!

Seoulful Sagas said...

i love your entire outfit! Love the colour of the top and also that cute clutch!!

You look amazing Ashy. :)

Best,
Priyanka
www.amazonianbeauty.blogspot.in

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...