Saturday, January 25, 2014

Orange Accents

I have been in a lazy blogger mode for quite sometime now. But hey, this cold-n-windy winter season is to be blamed, ok? It takes a whole lot of motivation to get a task done these days. And if I have to step out of the house for that, then forget about it. I am sure, I am in a state of hibernation right now. 

Anyhoo, enough of weather talk and moving on to the outfit post. Owing to my sluggish state-of-mind, I am going to be in a throwback/flashback mode for a couple of posts there...well, excuse me for that, will you?

These outfit pics were taken in Diwali-Halloween period last year when fall was in full bloom (which is quite evident from the pictures). The orange-and-black combo suited well to the Halloween celebrations and the ethnic vest made sure that it was suited for desi occasion as well. 

I wore this outfit to a pumpkin-carving party (what fun that was..simply amazing!) and then for a annual Diwali dinner at one of the best places in Washington, DC. I was looking forward to styling the mojaris from a long time now. I got them from a shop in old town Udaipur a couple of years back. They are not one of the the most comfortable shoes I own, but they are surely one of the cutest and talk about colors..simply brilliant, aren't they?

So tell me, do you repeat an outfit between different occasions, if you loved it wearing once? 

Express denims | LOFT black tee | Vest from Crawford Market (as seen here) | Aldo bag |
Inpink pendant necklace | Ring from Langford Market |

Homemade red-velvet cupcakes for the pumpkin-carving party


Connect With Me

6 comments:

Aditi SoSaree said...

WOW ..i love ur jootis. Whr did u buy them for?

Aditi
So-Saree
www.sosaree.blogspot.in
New Post Up

Rhea said...

This is such a beautiful location for the shoot. I love your jhooties and vest. <3
Xx
Rhea
www.fuss.co.in

Unknown said...

Luv the orange waist and Jhootis

Indianbeautie said...

Beautiful Pictures. Love the combination of location, jacket and juts.

http://www.indianbeautie.com

Anupriya DG said...

I love how you effortlessly mix these Indian elements like the vest & the mojris with a western look! <3

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this vest of yours. I had linked it in a previous post. I wonder if you read it..

http://fusionforever.wordpress.com/2013/12/14/get-the-indo-western-look-with-ethnic-vests/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...