Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mixing Metallics -- NYE Style

Lately I have been thinking of a vision for my blog. It started out as a more of personal style diary to document my experiments with daily wear fashion. How-I-wore and what-I-wore were my go-to elements in the blog post. This has immensely helped me in re-defining my style and upping the ante for my personal office and weekend style.

But now I want to consciously move on from daily personal style to more about to reinvent the wardrobe. I am going to hit the pause button for this month when it comes to shopping for clothes (let's see how that goes!) Lately I have realized I have some good tops/dresses just waiting to paired newly to make a fresh outfit/look. You can say this is a result of playing dress up one fine Sunday afternoon (I highly recommend if you want to reinvent your wardrobe). I have some clothes in mint condition with tags on. So well, that's the end of story, stop shopping and start reinventing!

And since we were talking about clothes hanging in the closet with tags on them, the bright beautiful burgundy colored sequin top was one of them, and so was the skirt. I got them during the Thanksgiving sale in 2012. The sequin top was definitely for the 2013 NYE dinner which I did not end up wearing...well, which meant it was up for 2014 NYE party. I have mixed metallic shades here - Gold and Silver - which is again a first for me. I think if done rightly, it just looks fab.

This is one of the last posts from my throwback mode. I gave a shot at styling my ever-straight hair. I used a flat iron to curl the ends so that they don't fall flat and a cute gold clip was perfect hair-accessory to keep the hair away from my hair while I was grooving to the bolly-hits.

The Limited Top and Skirt | DKNY Watch | 
| J.crew Belt (seen here) and Bracelet | Necklace Gift from Mum-Dad |

On my Face: MAC Studio Fix (reviewed here)
On my Eyes: Eyeconic Kajal, REVLON Diamond Lust eyeshadow, NARS Mascara
(all products reviewed here)


I am eager to start a segment on the blog that will help me and you to see if a top/dress/skirt/bottoms can be styled multiple ways. I am sure there can be many more ways but lets keep it to a limit of five, hopefully that's a number I can reach for every item in my closet.

Additionally, I would love to lend a helping hand to my readers. If you have any styling questions, please feel free to shoot me an email. I hope to decode them for you. You can write to me via email, Tweet me, Facebook me or leave your questions here right on the blog.



Connect With Me

4 comments:

In the Blue said...

What a fun idea to try, I think it would be nice to see how many ways you can style top/dress/skirt/bottoms! I think this is a fun challenge I'd like to try myself. Maybe a collab? Also, I really like how you cinched in your waist with a belt to create more structure to the outfit. The red sequin top really brings out your lips or vice versa; they look good together! xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful sparkly top. Perfect outfit for NYE. You look beautiful Ashwini.

Asta
Cactus and Cucumber

Rupa said...

Re-inventing sounds cool to me.

Jenny’s Bicycle-Indian Fashion Blog!!

Seepz said...

I loved this outfit on you Ashy! Reinventing your wardrobe is such a great idea. I always think about it but get if there is something called writer's block for a stylist, I tend to get it. Look forward to your posts on this theme!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...